Niki de Saint Phalle in the 1960s
Niki de Saint Phalle in the 1960s is the first exhibition to focus on the experimental work of French American artist Niki de Saint Phalle (1930–2002) during this pivotal decade.
This exhibition explores a transformative ten-year period in Saint Phalle’s work when she embarked on two significant series: the Tirs, or “shooting paintings,” and the powerful Nanas, lively sculptures of the female form. Affirming the artist’s place in postwar art history, this show highlights these prescient works of performative, participatory, and feminist art, as well as her transatlantic projects and collaborations. Niki de Saint Phalle in the 1960s brings together major paintings, assemblages, and sculptures from this prolific chapter in the artist’s career, as well asView more
Admission to the Menil Collection is free, always.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Jan 16, 2022 at 11:00 am - 07:00 pm (Sun)
- Jan 19, 2022 at 11:00 am - 07:00 pm (Wed)
- Jan 20, 2022 at 11:00 am - 07:00 pm (Thu)
- Jan 21, 2022 at 11:00 am - 07:00 pm (Fri)
- Jan 22, 2022 at 11:00 am - 07:00 pm (Sat)
- Jan 23, 2022 at 11:00 am - 07:00 pm (Sun)
1515 Sul Ross, Houston, TX 77006