The Most Reverend Nicholas A. Gallagher, the third Bishop of Galveston, established Sacred Heart Parish as the fourth parish in Houston, Texas on November 22, 1896 to serve the growing Catholic population of Houston. The Reverend Thomas Keaney was appointed the first pastor.
Property facing Pierce and Fannin Streets was purchased on March 11, 1897. Plans for a Gothic church and a two-story Annex were drawn by Mr. O. Lorehn, and the cornerstone was laid on May 16, 1897 with Bishop Gallagher
1111 St. Joseph Parkway, Houston, TX 77002
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE