Courtlandt Place is one of Houston’s oldest elite residential subdivisions. It is a privately owned, one-block-long divided boulevard south of downtown.
The Courtlandt Improvement Company purchased the land in 1906, in what was at that time prairie land on the outskirts of the city.
The first houses were built in 1909. Access to the subdivision was limited by gates at the end of the street. Deed restrictions stipulated land use, minimum cost, and house size.
Pictured: 24 Courtlandt Place.
Taft Street and Lovett Boulevard, Houston, TX 77006
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE