First Christian Church started in the last decades of the 19th Century as a vision of Dr. J.A. Throckmorton, a respected local physician. His dream was to start the very first Disciples of Christ congregation in Houston. He pulled together a group of 15 people who met for worship and prayer in his upstairs office downtown. In 1871, they held services in a Fifth ward school house, where they met faithfully for the next 15 years.
The church built its first building at Capital and Caroline under
1601 Sunset Boulevard, Houston, TX 77005
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE