On Sunday, January 9, 1955, seventy persons gathered in the Memorial Drive Elementary School, beyond the then western city limits of Houston, Texas, to hold the first worship services of Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church.
From that modest beginning, the church grew rapidly, as the surrounding area filled with new famlies. Membership rolls passed 500 in 1957; 1,000 in 1960; 2,000 in 1965; 3,000 in 1969.
These numbers reflected the community response to the new congregation, led by Dr. Charles Shedd. The
11612 Memorial Drive at Blalock, Houston, TX 77024
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
Oct 20, 2018
Dec 2, 2017
Oct 28, 2017